Child Care and Early Learning, St. James
Story Book Hollow is a private accredited learning center where we partner with parents to foster a life long quest for learning in children and build a better foundation for life. We believe that children learn best through play. When a child enjoys her early education experience, what’s learned during those moments will be better retained. This promotes physical, intellectual, social and emotional development that will prepare him or her for higher learning through out the future years.
Stimulating and balanced Curriculum
- With a combined teaching experience of 52 years in early childhood education, we “GET” the children and their need to explore and learn through experience.
- Our custom curriculum is designed to teach children everything in the context of their everyday life so that they learn, understand and retain the lessons better
- We recognize the fact that every child is different and they learn at their own pace – our curriculum is adaptive enough to make sure developmental milestones are properly recognized, promoted, measured and tracked
- Age appropriate and developmentally oriented activities make the learning fun for kids
- Inviting classrooms with activity based centers: Organized to enhance cognitive, emotional and develop fine motor skills
- When you visit our center you will see and hear buzz of happy kids playing and learning in a group activity or free-play
Caring, Qualified Caregivers
- Our caregivers are nurturers, educators and fully qualified with child development associates credentials and certified by NY State on early childhood education
- Our caregivers have CPR and other emergency training needed
- At Story Book Hollow, your child’s teacher and you work together as partners – celebrating growing, successes, navigating challenges, and communicating daily about your child’s achievements and goals.
Safe, Secure and clean facility
- Our children’s safety is our number one concern – The facility is custom designed to be safe for children – Examples
- Hand turned wood moldings with rounded edges so it is safe for kids playing
- Rounded corners with PVC guards
- Custom made wood shelves with rounded edges
- Natural, water based pains and stains
- Our facility has state-of-the-art “RFID” access which is issued to Parents and Guardians only
- Our facilities are also outfitted with high resolution Camera surveillance which is monitored by the management staff through out the day
- Our facility is professionally cleaned multiple times a week to ensure safe and sanitary environment for the children
- We have large outdoor play spaces for the kids to explore and be kids
- Fully compliant with state regulations
- Being a fully Licensed Child Care, Our center is overwhelmingly compliant with the stringent regulations of the OCFS
- Great reputation!
- Above all, the endorsement of the parents will say it all. Our reputation is hard earned and we are proud of it – Please check our testimonials!